Tired of waiting for your website to load? $1/ mo Hosting + Free domain!
POLSKA УКРАЇНА - My - Polacy, ale żyjemy w Ukrainie

Трьох журналістів та оператора «Інтера» оголосили в розшук в угрупованні «ЛНР» – заява

Чотирьох медійників із програми «Подробности», яка виходить на телеканалі «Інтер», оголосили у розшук в угрупованні «ЛНР» із формулюванням «за сприяння терористичній діяльності» на підконтрольних сепаратистам територіях, повідомляється на сайті програми.

Йдеться про трьох журналістів – Романа Бочкалу, Руслана Сміщука і Геннадія Вівденка – та оператора Сергія Дубиніна.

Інформація про це дійсно є на сайті так званого МВС «ЛНР» у розділі «Розшук підозрюваних».

Угруповання «ЛНР» та «ДНР» за підтримки Росії контролюють частини Луганської та Донецької областей відповідно.

Угруповання «ЛНР» і «ДНР» визнані українською владою терористичними.

Tired of waiting for your website to load? $1/ mo Hosting + Free domain!

Dead Rabbit Leads to New PR Headache for United Airlines

Just weeks after a public relations nightmare for United Airlines, there could be another headache for the company.

The airline is investigating the death of a giant rabbit that appears to have died in the cargo hold on a trans-Atlantic flight from England to the United States.

The owner of the rabbit, breeder Annette Edwards of England, told the Associated Press that the rabbit had been checked by a veterinarian prior to the flight from London’s Heathrow to Chicago’s O’Hare Airport.

The nearly meter-long rabbit named Simon was purchased by an unnamed celebrity she said, adding that he had a chance to become the biggest rabbit ever.

“Something very strange has happened and I want to know what. I’ve sent rabbits all around the world and nothing like this has happened before,” Edwards told the Sun newspaper.

In a statement, United said it was “saddened” and that it had been in touch with Edwards.

“The safety and wellbeing of all the animals that travel with us is of the utmost importance to United Airlines and our PetSafe team,” the statement read.

Edwards said United was going to look at CCTV footage to try to determine what might have happened to the rabbit, which was not yet a year old.

Simon is a breed of rabbit called the continental giant, and his father was well over a meter in length.

The death of the rabbit comes just weeks after United faced a customer service nightmare when a video went viral of a passenger being forcibly removed from an overbooked flight, causing visible injuries.

Tired of waiting for your website to load? $1/ mo Hosting + Free domain!

Trump: National Monuments a ‘Massive Federal Land Grab’

President Donald Trump signed an executive order Wednesday directing his interior secretary to review the designation of dozens of national monuments on federal lands, as he singled out “a massive federal land grab” by the Obama administration.

 

It was yet another executive action from a president trying to rack up accomplishments before his first 100 days in office, with Saturday marking that milestone.

 

The latest move could upend protections put in place in Utah and other states under a 1906 law that authorizes the president to declare federal lands as monuments and restrict their use.

 

During a signing ceremony at the Interior Department, Trump said the order would end “another egregious abuse of federal power” and “give that power back to the states and to the people where it belongs.”

 

 Trump accused the Obama administration of using the Antiquities Act to “unilaterally put millions of acres of land and water under strict federal control” – a practice Trump derided as “a massive federal land grab.”

 

“Somewhere along the way the Act has become a tool of political advocacy rather than public interest,” Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke said. ”And it’s easy to see why designations in some cases are viewed negatively by those local communities that are impacted the most.”

 

In December, shortly before leaving office, president Barack Obama infuriated Utah Republicans by creating the Bears Ears National Monument on more than 1 million acres of land that’s sacred to Native Americans and home to tens of thousands of archaeological sites, including ancient cliff dwellings.

 

Republicans in the state asked Trump to take the unusual step of reversing Obama’s decision. They said the designation will stymie growth by closing the area to new commercial and energy development. The Antiquities Act does not give the president explicit power to undo a designation and no president has ever taken such a step.

 

Trump’s order was one of a handful he intended to sign this week in a flurry of developments before his 100th day in office. The president has used executive orders aggressively over the past three months; as a candidate, Trump railed against Obama’s use of this power.

 

Wednesday’s order will cover several dozen monuments across the country designated since 1996. They total 100,000 acres or more and include the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument and Bear Ears, both in Utah.

 

Zinke was directed to produce an interim report in 45 days and make a recommendation on Bears Ears, and then issue a final report within 120 days.

 

Zinke said that over the past 20 years, the designation of tens of millions of acres as national monuments have limited the lands’ use for farming, timber harvesting, mining and oil and gas exploration, and other commercial purposes.

 

While designations have done “a great service to the public,” Zinke said the “local community affected should have a voice.”

 

Some, including Sen. Orrin Hatch, Republican-Utah, have hailed the order as the end of “land grabs” by presidents dating to Bill Clinton.

 

But Sen. Martin Heinrich, Democrat-N.M., said that if Trump truly wants to make America great again, he should use the law to protect and conserve America’s public lands. In New Mexico, Obama’s designation of Rio Grande del Norte National Monument and Organ Mountains-Desert Peaks National Monument have preserved important lands while boosting the economy, Heinrich said, and that story has repeated across the country.

 

“If this sweeping review is an excuse to cut out the public and scale back protections, I think this president is going to find a very resistant public,” Heinrich said.

 

Leaders of the Bears Ears Inter-Tribal Coalition called Trump’s action “extremely troubling.”

 

“It is offensive for politicians to call the Bears Ears National Monument ‘an abuse,’” said Shaun Chapoose, chairman of the Ute Indian Tribe Business Committee. “To the contrary, it is a fulfillment of our duty to preserve our cultures and our ancestral lands, and its designation was the result of a long, deliberative process to fight for our ancestors as well as access for contemporary use of the lands by our tribal members.”

Tired of waiting for your website to load? $1/ mo Hosting + Free domain!

У Dragon capital підтвердили купівлю програмного забезпечення, визнаного експертами пізніше шпигунським – заява

Обшук Службою безпеки України офісу інвестиційної компанії Dragon capital стосувався програмного забезпечення, яким та мала намір контролювати робочий час своїх співробітників, заявили представники підприємства на своїй сторінці у Facebook.

«Як з’ясувалось, програмне забезпечення, що офіційно придбане СП ТОВ «Драгон капітал» у 2015 році в української компанії ТОВ «Стахановець ПРО» (правовласник ПО) та планувалось до використання як система контролю робочого часу працівників СП ТОВ «Драгон капітал», було у 2016 році визнано «спеціальним технічним засобом негласного отримання інформації» на підставі експертного висновку, зробленого в рамках кримінального провадження», – йдеться у повідомленні.

За інформацією Dragon capital, СБУ планувала вилучити з офісу всю комп’ютерну техніку, однак після реакції, зокрема, з боку прем’єр-міністра Володимира Гройсмана, не стала цього робити, тож підприємство працює у штатному режимі.

Служба безпеки України заявила 26 квітня, що викрила керівництво восьми компаній на продажі й використанні забороненого шпигунського програмного забезпечення виробництва Росії з прихованими функціями негласного доступу, у тому числі до інформації з обмеженим доступом.

У спецслужбі заявляють, що від 2014 року в період збройної агресії проти України спеціальні й розвідувальні органи Росії використовують комп’ютерні програми і спеціальні технічні засоби для негласного отримання розвідувальної інформації. Негласно отримана при цьому інформація використовується на шкоду суверенності, територіальної цілісності, недоторканності, обороноздатності, державній економічній та інформаційній безпеці України, додали в СБУ.

Назв компаній у СБУ не наводили. Проте раніше стало відомо про обшуки і ймовірне вилучення техніки в одній із найбільших інвесткомпаній України Dragon Capital.

 

 

Tired of waiting for your website to load? $1/ mo Hosting + Free domain!

Один український військовий отримав поранення за добу – штаб АТО

Одного українського військового поранили за добу, повідомляють у штабі української воєнної операції на Донбасі. За даними штабу, обстріли з боку сепаратистів тривали на всіх напрямках, зафіксували 18 випадків відкривання вогню по українських позиціях.

В угрупованні «ДНР» заявили про 54 випадки порушення режиму тиші з боку українських військових, угруповання «ЛНР» заявило сьогодні про 5 обстрілів їхніх позицій.

Наприкінці березня учасники Тристоронньої контактної групи домовилися про чергове перемир’я у зоні збройного конфлікту на сході України, воно мало почати діяти від 1 квітня. Проте обстріли не припинилися, а сторони конфлікту звинуватили в цьому одна одну.

12 квітня у ході засідання в Мінську Тристороння контактна група підтвердила свою прихильність до рішенню щодо повного дотримання режиму припинення вогню напередодні християнського Великодня.

 

Tired of waiting for your website to load? $1/ mo Hosting + Free domain!

Nearly 2 Million Children Participate in Polio Trials that Proved Successful

Up to this day in 1954 in American history, even a president of the United States, later President Franklin Delano Roosevelt, could be struck down by the debilitating effects of paralysis that is the signature of poliovirus. 

The irony is that very few Americans perceived Roosevelt as “handicapped,” according to presidential historians.

On April 26, 1954, hopes were high at the Franklin Sherman Elementary School in McLean, Virginia, where an ambitious effort to test a polio vaccine was taking place.  1.8 million American children along with kids from Canada and Finland were enrolled. At the time it was the largest public health experiment in American history.

Less than a year later on April 12, 1955, researchers announced the vaccine was safe and effective. It quickly became a standard part of childhood immunizations in America. 

The last case of naturally occurring polio in the United States happened in 1979. Today, despite a concerted global eradication campaign, poliovirus continues to affect children and adults in Afghanistan, Pakistan and some African countries, including Nigeria.

Tired of waiting for your website to load? $1/ mo Hosting + Free domain!

South African Court Declares Nuclear Plan with Russia Unlawful

A South African pact with Russia’s Rosatom to build nuclear reactors was deemed unlawful by a High Court on Wednesday, casting fresh doubt over the country’s energy plans.

Operator of Africa’s only nuclear power station, Eskom wants to add 9,600 megawatts (MW) of nuclear capacity — equivalent to up to 10 nuclear reactors — to help wean the economy off of polluting coal in what could one of the world’s biggest nuclear contracts in decades.

South Africa and Russia signed an Intergovernmental Agreement (IGA) in 2014 that sealed a cooperation pact between state-owned nuclear group Rosatom and state-owned utility Eskom.

Judge Lee Bozalek said any request for information to kickstart the procurement process was set aside as was the cooperation pact. The deal had included a favorable tax regime for Russia and placed heavy financial obligations on South Africa, Bozalek said.

“Seen as a whole, the Russian IGA stands well outside the category of a broad nuclear cooperation agreement, and at the very least, sets the parties well on their way to a binding, exclusive agreement in relation to the procurement of new reactor plants from that particular country,” Bozalek said.

The Southern African Faith Communities Environment Institute (SAFCEI) and Earthlife Africa-Johannesburg had jointly filed the court application to stop the nuclear program.

“There are no more secret deals and everything has to be done in the open,” said SAFCEI spokeswoman Liz McDaid.

It was not immediately clear whether the government would appeal the ruling. The Department of Energy declined to comment.

The government has downplayed the agreement with Russia, saying it was not a final contract and that an open tender process would still be conducted.

The head of South African nuclear state agency Necsa said last year that Rosatom is not the frontrunner and that the tender would be open to all bidders.

Eskom Chief Nuclear Officer Dave Nicholls said: “We haven’t been through the judgement yet so we can’t comment.”

Rosatom officials in Moscow were not available for immediate comment.

An official at Rosatom’s regional office in Johannesburg said the company “could not comment on legal disputes between South African entities that do not directly involve us.”

Nuclear option

After the 2011 nuclear disaster in Fukushima led many countries to cut back nuclear programs, South Africa is one of the few still considering a major new reactor project and the tender is eagerly awaited by manufacturers from South Korea, France, the United States and China.

 

With U.S. firm Westinghouse in Chapter 11 proceedings and France’s Areva being restructured, Rosatom’s two main competitors are hamstrung by financial difficulties, boosting the Russian firm’s chances.

China has little experience building reactors abroad and Korea’s KEPCO has only one major foreign reactor contract, in the United Arab Emirates.

France, which built South Africa’s two existing reactors, is keen to stay in the race and utility EDF – which is taking over Areva’s reactor manufacturing unit – said last month it would respond to the South Africa’s “request for information.”

With Eskom set to decommission 34 gigawatts of coal-fired power generation over the next 20 years and a lack of large-scale hydro or natural gas plans, nuclear is the best alternative, Eskom’s Nicholls said in an opinion piece in the Sunday Times.

Some economists, however, have questioned whether the country’s ailing economy can afford a nuclear building program they estimate could cost around 1 trillion rand ($76 billion).

Rating agencies S&P Global and Fitch downgraded South Africa’s credit to junk this month over the firing of finance minister Pravin Gordhan, saying the move risked changes to government policy.

Some pundits say Gordhan was axed partly because he resisted pressured by a faction allied to President Jacob Zuma, which criticised Gordhan’s plans to block spending on nuclear expansion.

New Finance Minister Malusi Gigaba has said nuclear expansion will only be pursued if it is affordable.

“This is most probably just another bump in the road and nothing is going to derail the nuclear program,” said Travis Hough, business unit leader for energy & environment at consultancy Frost & Sullivan Africa.

Tired of waiting for your website to load? $1/ mo Hosting + Free domain!

Turkish Warplanes Kill 6 Kurdish Militants in Northern Iraq: Army

Turkish warplanes hit Kurdish militant targets in northern Iraq on Wednesday and killed six militants, the military said, in a second day of cross-border raids.

A military statement said the air strikes targeted the Zap region, the Turkish name for a river which flows across the Turkish-Iraqi border and is known as Zab in Iraq.

The air strikes hit “two hiding places and one shelter, and killed six separatist terrorist organization militants who were understood to be preparing an attack,” the statement said.

The raids were part of a widening campaign against the outlawed Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) which has also hit other Kurdish fighters inside Iraq – apparently by accident.

On Tuesday, Turkish planes bombed Kurdish targets in Iraq’s Sinjar region and northeast Syria, killing about 70 militants inside the two neighboring states, according to a Turkish military statement.

The United States expressed “deep concern” over those air strikes and said they were not authorized by the U.S.-led coalition fighting Islamic State.

Five members of the Iraqi Kurdish peshmerga forces, which are also deployed in Sinjar, were killed. Kurdish authorities who run their own autonomous region in north Iraq enjoy good relation with Turkey and, like Ankara, oppose the presence of a PKK affiliate in Sinjar.

Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan on Tuesday told Reuters that he would not allow Sinjar to become a PKK base, adding that Ankara informed its partners including the United States, Russia and Iraqi Kurdish authorities ahead of the operation.

On Wednesday, Turkish foreign ministry spokesman Huseyin Muftuoglu said the parties were informed through both military and diplomatic channels.

Turkey had passed on information to the United States and Russian military attaches in Ankara, Muftuoglu said, and Turkish army chief Hulusi Akar also held a telephone conversation with his U.S. and Russian counterparts.

The Combined Air Operations Center in Qatar, responsible for providing command and air control in regions including Iraq and Syria, was also informed in advance, Muftuoglu said.

Designated a terrorist group by Turkey, the United States and the European Union, the PKK has waged a three-decade insurgency against the Turkish state for Kurdish autonomy. More than 40,000 people have been killed in the conflict, most of them Kurds.

The army also reported on Wednesday cross-border mortar fire from two areas inside Syria — one believed to be under the control of Syrian government forces and the other by Kurdish YPG militants. It said there were no casualties, and it retaliated.

 

Tired of waiting for your website to load? $1/ mo Hosting + Free domain!